How you can help
Women of Vision manage a preschool of approximately 39 children. Our emphasis is on providing a safe and healthy environment for the children of Westbury and surrounding areas.
We have been working since 1996 with a consistent passion and love – as our organisation has branched from caring for preschool children to offering an aftercare that assists them on their journey through school. We offer additional services to their families as well – we offer food security, psychological counselling, adult education, and skills training – this holistic approach has been proven to empower families and alleviate historical poverty and lack of access to education and services.
During these past few years, it has been more challenging to consistently guarantee the same level of services. We have lost some sponsors due to the economic impact of the pandemic and for this reason we have decided to involve a larger online community to support us with a little donation.
Below you can find a list of how we spend the funds we receive. You have the option of donating items on the list directly or if you prefer a donation via our website would be as helpful. We use funding for materials, but we also use it to pay a stipend to our teachers, for rent, and maintenance of the garden and premises.
Your support makes a huge difference, no amount is too small.
As a friend of the organisation, you can monitor how your money is used by following our Facebook page or Instagram page.
- Sanitary Towels
- Deodorant (roll-on ladies and men’s)
- Face Cloths
We are happy to get any support from the members of our community! Thank you so much for staying with us and for your help!
- Peanut Butter
- Butter (Rama or Stork Spread)
- Internet access for R380 per month
- Fuel for pick-up of food parcels and donations
- A learner – R200 per month
- Printer (easy to maintain and with affordable cartridges)
- Printer cartridges
- Printer Paper
- Flip Files (used or new)
- Scrap Paper
- Plastic Interleaves
- Pens, pencils, colour pencils
- Pritt, craft glue
- Split pins
- A large army type tent for winter
- Second-hand clothing and shoes
- Toys – specifically educational
- Knitting Needles
- Bricks and clear roof sheeting for garden area
- Cleaning materials
- Surveillance cameras – (we have had our premises vandalised and need the security and proof for police)